Monday, July 18, 2011

How can you obtain a restraining order against someone in another country?

Almost 8 years ago my husband began speaking to a girl who lives in Australia, every time he has tried to quit talking to her she has gained access to his contact list for his phone that is synchronized with his gmail account and begins calling everyone on the list. Last november she set up a complete scam of her being abducted and raped and had a three year old child with her, obviously my husband believing this to be true called police and fbi got involved because of possible abduction. The whole story was completely made up, my husband ended up being arrested even though the fbi saw all the messages she was sending (she was not even in the country she set scam up from australia). Now she is calling companies I deal with trying to get all my information. She was able to access his cell phone account and change all his information on it, and is now sending threatening messages about contacting his probation officer to make sure his life is completely F**ked. I attend college and she has tried withdrawling me from college. She is a complete nut job, and after speaking to FBI that dealt with this to begin with the only thing they are telling me that we can do is get a restraining order. Why is she not being dealt with? He was on house arrest for 6 months and could not go anywhere and she showed up where he had to stay. Of course she was forced to leave, but the fact remains the same, he couldn't go anywhere, and if she were to do something he would not have been able to protect himself. We have a 10 year old son, and she has called on his cell phone, it is completely out of control and I can't seem to get any answers on how to get this person to stop. We are completely afraid to do anything where she might be able to get our information, find out where we live now, and afraid that she may do something else. I am at a loss and feel completely helpless, my husband doesn't know what to do, because if he doesn't answer her she goes completely balistic. Like I said we have made contact with FBI and now with an attorney, however she keeps going and it doesn't seem after almost 8 years that there is ever going to be an end to this. We know she has relatives here so she comes to the states, and this is what scares us, what is she gonna do when she is here? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some answers on this, this is beyond stalking and is ruining our lives. Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment